Friday, October 26, 2007

North Dakota Republican Party hides straw poll vote totals, should I start Brees or Manning?

The North Dakota Republican party held its first straw poll. It didn't go very well. Mick Huckabee and Ron Paul each got about 4% of the vote, maybe. Party officials would not say how many people participated nor how many votes each candidate received so the results Minot be accurate.


John McCain is so desperate for campaign cash and attention that he's appealing for it in the worst way. McCain said, "I wasn't there. I'm sure it was a cultural and pharmaceutical event. I ... was tied up at the time." Now the campaign is using that line in commercials. Of course torture is bad, but ya don't run 23 bombing missions over a country and expect to get tickled when ya get caught.


Despite being older than time itself, Vinny Testaverde is still playing football.


My Fantasy Football squad got off to a terrible 0-5 start but has bounced back with two consecutive victories. This week I face LaDainian Tomlinson and Steve Smith, well, the team that has those guys anyway. I hope my running backs have a bright week with LenDale White and Brandon Jacobs starting and Reggie Bush as my flex. All three have favorable matchups on paper. I think I'm going to go with Drew Brees over Eli Manning at quarterback and I have the Green Bay Packers slated as my starting defense. Todd Heap is my usual tight end but he's on a bye week so I am going with Eric Johnson from the Saints. My kicker is Robbie Gould but I'll have to snag someone else as he's on a bye next week. I might have too many wide receivers on my team; Hines Ward, Brandon Marshall, Marques Colston, Antwaan Randle El and Ted Ginn. All of them rank in my Top 10 favorite players though, so they get kept. I can only start two this week because I'm using a running back, Reggie Bush, at my flex position. I think I'm going to go with Hines Ward and Brandon Marshall while benching Colston for the first time this season. Colston helped propel me into the playoffs last year but has been a disappointment this year after snagging him in the 5th round.

No comments: